Easily Discover Opportunities for Energy Savings for Your Facility
The Fluke 1730 Three-Phase Electrical Energy Logger introduces a new simplicity to discovering sources of electrical energy waste. No other energy logger on the market can deliver a 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III safety rating, directly download data from the instrument while still logging to a USB stick or via USB to PC connection and store multiple logging sessions on the instrument.
With the 1730, you can:
- Easily discover when and where energy is being consumed in your facility, from the service entrance to the individual circuits.
- Compare multiple data points over time and build the complete picture of energy usage with Fluke Energy Analyze software package.
- Quickly understand specific points of energy loss, reduce energy bills more easily than ever.
- Measures and log two other associated parameters such as temperature, humidity, air flow, pressure etc.
The Fluke 1730 is the best choice when looking for a dedicated energy logger for performing energy surveys and load studies.
Take Energy Surveys to the Next Level
If you’re looking to take your energy surveys to the next level, show up with the 1730 Energy Logger and a VT series of Visual IR Thermometers or the Ti125 Infrared Camera to quickly identify opportunities for energy savings both electrically and thermally. When using a thermal imaging camera or a visual IR thermometer along with the 1730 Energy Logger, you'll be able to discover potential problems that could be wasting energy and then quantify them electrically with the 1730 Energy Logger. The perfect tool set to discover hidden operational wastes such as lighting, air conditioning and other large loads that could be switched off when not in use.
- Key measurements: Voltage, current, power, power factor and associated values enable you to optimize and implement your energy saving strategies.
- Bright, color touch screen: Perform convenient in-the-field analysis and data checks with full graphical display.
- Power the instrument directly from the measured circuit: Eliminating the need to find a power outlet while allowing the instrument to be secured safely inside electrical panels. Wide voltage range from 90V to 550V AC.
- Comprehensive logging: More than 20 separate logging sessions can be stored on the instrument. In fact, all measured values are automatically logged and can be reviewed during logging and before downloading for on-the-go analysis.
- Two USB ports: One for WiFi or direct PC connection and another for fast, simple download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices (WiFi requires external USB WiFi adaptor).
- Optimized user interface: Capture the right data every time with quick, guided, graphical setup and reduce uncertainty about your connections with the intelligent verification function.
- Complete "in-the-field" setup through the front panel: No need to return to the workshop for download and setup or to take a computer to the electrical panel.
- Compact size: Designed to fit in tight spaces and panels.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
- Optimized measurement accessories: Flat voltage cable and thin flexible current probes ensure easy installation even in tight spaces.
- Battery life: Four-hour operating time (backup time) per charge on lithium-ion battery.
- Security: We safeguard your best asset from theft with an option to use a hefty, durable Kensington lock.
- Energy Analyze application software: Download and analyze a snapshot of your energy savings potential with our automated reporting – export data into RTF for editing with you preferred word processing application.
Accuracy Specifications Parameter Range Resolution Intrinsic Accuracy at Reference Conditions (% of Reading + % of Full Scale) Voltage 1000 V 0.1 V ±(0.2% + 0.01%) Current iFlex1500-12 150 A 0.1 A ±(1% + 0.02%) 1500 A 1 A iFlex3000-24 300 A 1 A ±(1% + 0.02%) 3000 A 10 A iFlex6000-36 600 A 1 A ±(1.5% + 0.03%) 6000 A 10 A i40s-EL clamp 4 A 1 mA ±(0.7% + 0.02%) 40 A 10 mA Frequency 42.5 Hz to 69 Hz 0.01 Hz ±(0.1%) Auxillary input ±10 VDC 0.1 mV ±(0.2% + 0.02%) Voltage min/max 1000 V 0.1 V ±(1% + 0.1%) Current min/max Defined by accessory Defined by accessory ±(5% + 0.2%) Cosφ/DPF 0 ≤ Cosφ ≤ 1 0.01 ±0.025 Power factor 0 ≤ PF ≤ 1 0.01 ±0.025 THD on voltage 1000% 0.1% ±(2.5% ± 0.05) THD on current 1000% 0.1% ±(2.5% ± 0.05) Intrinsic Uncertainty ±(% of reading + % of range)1 Parameter Influence quantity iFlex1500-12 iFlex3000-24 iFlex6000-36 i40S-EL 150 A / 1500 A 300 A / 3000 A 600 A / 6000 A 4 A / 40 A Active power P PF ≥ 0.99 1.2% + 0.005% 1.2% + 0.0075% 1.7% + 0.0075% 1.2% + 0.005% 0.5 < PF < 0.99 1.2% + 7 x (1-PF) +0.005% 1.2% + 7 x (1-PF) + 0.0075% 1.7% + 7 x (1-PF) + 0.0075% 1.2% + 10 x (1-PF) + 0.005% Apparent power S, S fund. 0 ≤ PF ≤ 1 1.2% + 0.005% 1.2% + 0.0075% 1.7% + 0.0075% 1.2% + 0.005% Reactive power
N, Q fund.
0 ≤ PF ≤ 1 2.5% of measured apparent power Additional uncertainty in % of range1 U > 250 V 0.015% 0.0225% 0.0225% 0.015% 1. Range = 1000 V x Irange
Environmental: 23°C ± 5°C, instrument operating for at least 30 minutes, no external electrical/magnetic field, RH < 65%
Input conditions: Cosφ/PF = 1, Sinusoidal signal f = 50 Hz / 60 Hz, power supply 120 V / 230 V ±10%
Current and power specifications: Input voltage 1 ph: 120 V / 230 V or 3 ph wye/delta: 230 V / 400 V
Input current: I > 10% of Irange
Primary conductor of clamps or Rogowski coil in center position
Temperature coefficient: Add 0.1 x specified accuracy for each degree C above 28°C or below 18°C
Electrical Specifications Power Supply Voltage range 100 V to 500 V using safety plug input when powering from the measurement circuit 100 V to 240 V using standard power cord (IEC 60320 C7) Power consumption Maximum 50 VA (max. 15 VA when powered using IEC 60320 input) Efficiency ≥ 68.2% (in accordance with energy efficiency regulations) Maximum no-load consumption < 0.3 W only when powered using IEC 60320 input Mains power frequency 50/60 Hz ± 15% Battery Li-ion 3.7 V, 9.25 Wh, customer-replaceable On-battery runtime Four hours in standard operating mode, up to 5.5 hours in power saving mode Charging time < 6 hours Data Acquisition Resolution 16-bit synchronous sampling Sampling frequency 5120 Hz Input signal frequency 50/60 Hz (42.5 to 69 Hz) Circuit types 1-φ, 1-φ IT, Split phase, 3-φ delta, 3-φ wye, 3-φ wye IT, 3-φ wye balanced, 3-φ Aron/Blondel (2-element delta), 3-φ delta open leg, Currents only (load studies) THD THD for voltage and current is calculated using 25 harmonics Averaging period User selectable 1 s, 5 s, 10 s, 30 s, 1 min, 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min Demand interval User selectable 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, 30 min Data storage Internal flash memory (not user replaceable) Memory size Typical 20 logging sessions of 10 weeks with 10-minute intervals2 Logging period Averaging period Recommended 20 sessions 1 session 1 second 3 hours 2.5 days 5 seconds 15 hours 12 days 10 seconds 28 hours 24 days 30 seconds 3.5 days 10 weeks 1 minute 7 days 20 weeks 5 minutes 5 weeks 2 years 10 minutes 10 weeks > 2 years 15 minutes 3.5 months > 2 years 30 minutes 7 months > 2 years2 Interfaces USB-A File transfer via USB flash drive, firmware updates
Max. current: 120 mA
Use of WiFi adaptor requires a powered USB hub and WiFi adaptor with Realtek RTL8188CUS chipset (recommended adaptors are detailed in the operator manual)
USB-mini Data download device to PC Extension port Accessories Voltage Inputs Number of inputs 4 (3 phases and neutral) Maximum input voltage 1000 Vrms, CF 1.7 Input impedance 10 MΩ Bandwidth (-3 dB) 2.5 kHz Scaling 1:1, 10:1, 100:1, 1000:1 and variable Measurement category 1000 V CAT III / 600 V CAT IV Current Inputs Number of inputs 3, mode selected automatically for attached sensor Input voltage Clamp input: 500 mVrms / 50 mVrms; CF 2.8 Rogowski coil input 150 mVrms / 15 mVrms at 50 Hz, 180 mVrms / 18 mVrms at 60 Hz; CF 4; all at nominal probe range Range 1 A to 150 A / 10 A to 1500 A with thin iFlex flexible current probe, 12 inches 3 A to 300 A / 30 A to 3000 A with thin iFlex flexible current probe, 24 inches 6 A to 600 A / 60 A to 6000 A with thin iFlex flexible current probe, 36 inches 40 mA to 4 A / 0.4 A to 40 A with 40 A clamp i40s-EL Bandwidth (-3 dB) 1.5 kHz Scaling 1:1 and variable Auxiliary Inputs Number of inputs 2 Input range 0 to ±10 VDC, 1 reading/s Scale factor Format: kx + d user configurable Displayed units User configurable (7 characters, for example, °C, psi, or m/s) 2. The number of possible logging sessions and logging period depends on user requirements. Environmental Specifications Operating temperature -10°C to +50°C (14°F to 122°F) Storage temperature -20°C to +60°C (−4°F to 140°F) Operating humidity 10°C to 30°C (50°F to 86°F) max. 9% RH 30°C to 40°C (86°F to 104°F) max. 75% RH 40°C to 50°C (104°F to 122°F) max. 45% RH Operating altitude 2000 m (up to 4000 m derate to 1000 V CAT II / 600 V CAT III / 300 V CAT IV) Storage altitude 12,000 m Enclosure IP50 in accordance with EN60529 Vibration MIL 28800E, Type 3, Class III, Style B Safety IEC 61010-1: Overvoltage CAT IV, Measurement 1000 V CAT III / 600 V CAT IV, Pollution Degree 2 EMI, RFI, EMC EN 61326-1: Industrial Electromagnetic compatibility Applies to use in Korea only. Class A equipment (industrial broadcasting and communication equipment) Radio frequency emissions IEC CISPR 11: Group 1, Class A Temperature coefficient 0.1 x accuracy specification / °C General Specifications Color LCD display 4.3-inch active matrix TFT, 480 pixels x 272 pixels, resistive touch panel Warranty 1730 and power supply Two-years (battery not included) Accessories One-year Calibration cycle Two-years Dimensions 1730 19.8 x 16.7 x 5.5 cm (7.8 x 6.6 x 2.2 in) Power supply 13.0 x 13.0 x 4.5 cm (5.1 x 5.1 x 1.8 in) 1730 with power supply attached 19.8 x 16.7 x 9 cm (7.8 x 6.6 x 3.5 in) Weight 1730 1.1 kg (2.5 lb) Power supply 400 g (0.9 lb) External protection Holster, Kensington lock slot 1500-12 iFlex Flexible Current Probe Specifications Measuring range 1 to 150 A AC / 10 to 1500 A AC Nondestructive current 100 kA (50/60 Hz) Intrinsic error at reference condition3 ±0.7% of reading Accuracy 1730 + iFlex ±(1% of reading + 0.02% of range) Temperature coefficient over operating temperature range 0.05% of reading / °C 0.09% of reading / °F Working voltage 1000 V CAT III, 600 V CAT IV Probe cable length 305 mm (12 in) Probe cable diameter 7.5 mm (0.3 in) Minimum bending radius 38 mm (1.5 in) Output cable length 2 m (6.6 ft) Weight 115 g Transducer cable material TPR Coupling material POM + ABS/PC Output cable TPR/PVC Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C (-4°F to 158°F) temperature of conductor under test shall not exceed 80°C (176°F) Temperature, non-operating -40°C to +80°C (-40°F to 176°F) Relative humidity, operating 15% to 85% non-condensing IP rating IEC 60529:IP50 Warranty One-year 3. Reference condition:
Environmental: 23°C ± 5°C, no external electrical/magnetic field, RH 65%
Primary conductor in center position
Model Name Description Fluke 1730/US Fluke 1730/US Three-Phase Energy Logger
- Includes soft carrying case
- Fluke Energy Analyze software
- Voltage leads and clips
- Color localization set
- USB interface cable
- Power cord
- Safety sheet
- USB Flash drive containing application software