Reliable, highly accurate measurements for the test and development of power electronics.
The compact Fluke Norma Series Power Analyzers provide the latest measurement technology to assist engineers with the development and testing of motors, inverters, lighting, power supplies, transformers and automotive components.
Based on a patented, high-bandwidth architecture, the instruments deliver high-precision measurements of single or three-phase current and voltage, harmonics analysis, Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) analysis, as well as calculations of power and other derived values.
The Fluke Norma 5000 Six-Phase Power Analyzer is a rugged, high-precision analyzer providing unmatched price performance for easy and reliable use in the field, or as a bench unit in laboratories and on test benches.
- Electric motors and inverter drive systems – Through detailed spectrum analysis and dynamic torque calculation capabilities, switching losses caused by the inverter are accurately measured, and a thorough evaluation is made of torque transients and harmonics at higher frequencies.
- Inverter drive system – Simultaneous measurement of all electrical and mechanical power parameters in the same time window enables users to observe the influence one component has on another, or on the whole system.
- Lighting systems – A wide bandwidth of up to 10 MHz and a high sampling rate up to 1 MHz provide detailed signal analysis at ballast outputs. A unique shunt technique enables power measurements at very high frequencies. Simultaneous measurement of input and output power provides instant calculation of ballast losses.
- Transformers – Synchronous six-phase power measurements enable highly accurate efficiency and loss calculations of large power transformers even at very low power factors. Synchronous multiphase resistance measurements of transformer coils are also possible.
- Automotive – Synchronous electrical input and mechanical output measurements provide complete data on the efficiency and losses of individual components as well as the whole drive system.
Providing the highest bandwidth on the market, the Fluke Norma 5000 Six-Phase Power Analyzer is the ideal test and analysis tool for the development of frequency converters and lighting equipment. Ideal for field testing, it offers easy and straight-forward operation with unmatched price performance. Features include: 3 to 6 power phases, optional internal printer, 5.7 in / 144 mm color display, harmonic analysis, scope mode, vector diagram display, recorder function, Fluke NormaView PC software and expandable 4 MB RAM data memory.
- Compact design makes it easy to carry and saves working space.
- Simple user interface ensures easy, intuitive operation.
- A variety of standard configurations allows users to choose the exact functionality required for their unique application.
- Simultaneous parallel acquisition of all phases allows accurate viewing of dynamic events on all phases at exactly the same point in time.
- All inputs are galvanically isolated to avoid short circuits in all applications.
- Voltage, current and power harmonics measured up to the 40th harmonic for complete analysis.
- FFT analysis, vector diagram, and Digital Oscilloscope (DSO) mode included in the base unit for complete analysis capability.
- User-selectable average time – from 15ms up to 3600s – for dynamic measurements.
- 4 MB on-board memory (expandable to 128 MB) for storage of measured values.
- Fast and easy connection to a PC – RS232 and USB included as standard; optional IEEE488, Ethernet, or USB2.0.
- PI1 process interface to measure torque and speed with external sensors, plus four analog outputs for easy use on motor and drive applications.
- 341 kHz or 1 MHz sample rates for detailed signal analysis.
- Bandwidth from DC to 3 MHz / 10 MHz for reliable measurement precision.
- Fluke NormaView PC software for data download, analysis & report writing.
General Specifications Number of Phases 1 to 3 Weight Approx. 5 kg (11 lb) Size 150 x 237 x 315 mm 5.9 x 9.3 x 12.4 in On-board Printer No Display Color, 5.7 in / 144 mm - 320 x 240 pixel User-selectable background lighting and contrast. Bandwidth DC to 3 MHz or DC to 10 MHz depending on input module Basic Accuracy 0.2%, 0.1% or 0.03% depending on input modules Sampling Rate 0.33 MHz or 1 MHz depending on input modules Voltage Input Range 0.3 V to 1000 V Current Input Range (direct, not via shunt) 0.03 mA to 20 A depending on input module Memory for Configurations 4 MB Memory for Settings 0.5 MB Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) To the 40th harmonic RS232/USB Interface Standard PI1 Process interface (8 analog/impulse inputs and 4 analog outputs) Optional IEEE 488.2/GPIB interface (1 MBit/s Ethernet / 10 MBit/s or 100 MBit/s) Optional Fluke NormaView PC software (for data download, analysis and report writing) Standard Basic Functions Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) Calculation of harmonics with graphical representation. Up to 3 bar graphs are displayed at the same time. Measured values: U, I, P per phase Order: 1st to 40th harmonics, maximum half sample frequency Digital Oscilloscope (DSO) Simultaneous display of up to 3 measured values on sample level. Quick view of curve form and distortion. Integration function (energy) Simultaneous display of up to 6 configurable numeric values. Start/Stop conditions and positive negative direction available. Vector Display Vector display of HO1 up to 6 signals. For easy testing of the right connection of the instrument and quick overview of the phase angle of each signal. Recorder Display of average values over time for trend determination. RAM data memory Storing of sample and average values; setting of start and stop conditions. From the RAM approximately 4 MB are available for the storage of measured values. Configuration Set up the analyzer to measure and display data in the format required. Ambient Conditions Working Temperature Range 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F) Storage Temperature Range -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F) Housing Material Fluke Norma Power Analyzers are extremely compact and equipped with a solid metal case to meet stringent EMC requirements. Climatic Class KYG DIN 40040, max. 85% relative humidity, non-condensing. Power supply 85 V AC to 264 V AC, 50 Hz to 60 Hz, DC 100 to 260 V, ca. 40 VA European plug with switch. Binding post for current available on some models. Measuring Inputs Safety sockets 4 mm, 2 for each input. External shunt connection over BNC socket. Operation Membrane keyboard with cursor – function keys and direct functions. Connections Rear panel of the 3-phase Analyzer Measured Values Non-gapping calculation of averaged values for each phase. In three phase system additionally calculation of total power and averaging of V and I of the three phases. The fundamental H01 will be calculated in synchronous mode also for these values.
- Urms effective value, Urm rectified mean, Um mean value
- Up-, Up+, Upp peak values
- Ucf crest factor Ucf, Uff form factor
- Ufc fundamental content
- Uthd distortion factor DIN, IEC
- Irms effective value, Irm rectified mean, Im mean value
- Ip-, Ip+, Ipp peak values
- Icf crest factor Icf, Iff form factor
- Ifc fundamental content
- Ithd distortion factor DIN, IEC
- P active power [W]
- Q reactive power [Var]
- S apparent power [VA]
- ë, cos. phase angular
- Integral function for active power P, reactive power Q, apparent power S, voltage (Um) and current (Im),
- Number of digits 4 or 5 dependent on measured value.
Frequency and Synchronization Range DC and 0.2 Hz to sample rate Accuracy ±0.01% of measured value (reading)
- Channels which can be selected: all U/I or external input.
- One of three low pass filter with different frequencies can be switched into the signal.
- The frequency is always visible on the top of the screen.
- The BNC synchronization socket on backside of the instrument can be used either as input or output.
- The input signals can be measured up to the sample rate of the power phase. The maximum level must not be higher then 50 V.
- The output signal is a pulsed 5Volts TTL signal (frequency depends on the measured synch frequency).
Configuration Memory Up to 15 user configurations can be saved into a permanent memory and reloaded later on. Changes that were not saved are lost after switching off the instrument. Interface RS232 interface for upload of firmware and data exchange with the PC. A printer can be connected over an external converter. Options IEEE 488.2 / 1 MBit/s Ethernet / 10 MBit/s or 100 Mbit/s Standards and Safety Electrical Safety EN 61010-1 / 2nd Edition 1000 V CAT II (600V CAT III) Degree of pollution 2, safety Class I EN 61558 for transformer EN 61010-2-031/032 for accessories Maximum inputs For voltage inputs Measurement range 1000 Veff, 2 kVpeak For current inputs Measurement range 10 Aeff, 20 Apeak Test voltage Net input case (protective conductor): 1.5 KV AC Net connection Measurement input: 5.4 kV AC Measurement inputs Case: 3.3 kV AC Measurement input input: 5.4 kV Electromagnetic susceptibility Emission IEC 61326-1, EN 50081-1, EN 55011 Class B Immunity IEC 61326-1 / Annex A (industrial sector), EN 50082-1
The Fluke Norma 4000 Power Analyzer can be equipped with up to three power phases. Users can select the power phase best suited for their application.
Each modular plug-in power phase consists of a voltage and a current measurement channel. Each measuring channel is available for each basic unit, however only one kind of channel can be used per unit. Check standard configurations.
Power Phase Overview
Power Phase Channels PP42 Accuracy 0.2% (0.1% rd + 0.1% rg) Current range 20 A Sampling rate 341 kHz Bandwidth 3 MHz PP50 Accuracy 0.1% (0.05% rd + 0.05% rg) Current range 10 A Sampling rate 1 MHz Bandwidth 10 MHz PP54 Accuracy 0.1% (0.05% rd + 0.05% rg) Current range 10 A Sampling rate 341 kHz Bandwidth 3 MHz PP64 Accuracy 0.03% (0.02% rg + 0.01% rg) Current range 10 A Sampling rate 341 kHz Bandwidth 3 MHz
Planarshunt Continuous load (Imin)
0.3 A 32 A Nominal current (calibration point) 32 A Basic accuracy at calibration point [%] ± 0.03 Basic accuracy at nominal current [%] ± 0.03 Nominal voltage drop [V] 320 mV Nominal resistance [Ohm] 10 mΩ Short time overrange
(5s load 15s interval)
100A/ 1s-5s Overload Wmax - Bandwidth DC - 1 MHz Frequency range - Angular accuracy [°/kHz] ± 0.1 Frequency influence [%/kHz] - Load influence [%/A2] - Temperature coefficient [ppm/K] ≤10 Weight (kg / lbs) 0.62 /1.36
Triaxialshunts Continuous load (Imin)
0.1 A 1 A 6 A 30 A 100 A 300 A Nominal current (calibration point 10 A 30 A 100 A Basic accuracy at calibration point [%] ± 0.03 ± 0.03 ± 0.1 Basic accuracy at nominal current [%] ± 0.03 ± 0.03 ± 0.1 Nominal voltage drop [V] 100 mV 30 mV 20 mV Nominal resistance [Ohm] 10 mΩ 1 mΩ 0.2 mΩ Short time overrange (5s load 15s interval) 35 A 200 A 450 A Overload Wmax 90 W 200 W 2 kW Bandwidth 2 MHz 2 MHz 1 MHz Frequency range 0 to 500 kHz 0 to 200 kHz 0 to 100 kHz Angular accuracy [°/kHz] ± 0.001 ± 0.002 ± 0.002 Frequency influence [%/kHz] ± 0.0015 ± 0.0015 ± 0.01 Load influence [%/A2] 1 x 10-6 1 x 10-6 1 x 10-6 Temperature coefficient [ppm/K] ≤15 ≤15 ≤10 Weight (kg / lbs) 0.75 / 1.65 0.75 / 1.65 1.2 / 2.65
Triaxialshunts (Cont.) Continuous load (Imin)
2 A 18 A 18 A 450 A 1000 A 1500 A Nominal current (calibration point 150 A 300 A 500 A Basic accuracy at calibration point [%] ± 0.1 ± 0.1 ± 0.1 Basic accuracy at nominal current [%] ± 0.1 ± 0.1 ± 0.1 Nominal voltage drop [V] 75 mV 15 mV 30 mV Nominal resistance [Ohm] 0.5 mΩ 0.06 mΩ 0.06 mΩ Short time overrange (5s load 15s interval) 650 A 1500 A 2000 A Overload Wmax 10 kW 7.5 kW 10 kW Bandwidth DC - 500 MHz DC - 500 kHz DC - 200 kHz Frequency range 0 to 100 kHz 0 to 20 kHz 0 to 20 kHz Angular accuracy [°/kHz] ± 0.025 ± 0.025 ± 0.025 Frequency influence [%/kHz] ± 0.03 ± 0.03 ± 0.03 Load influence [%/A2] 0.5 x 10-6 0.2 x 10-6 0.5 x 10-6 Temperature coefficient [ppm/K] ≤10 ≤10 ≤10 Weight (kg / lbs) 6 / 13.2 5.3 / 11.7 6 / 13.2
Model Name Description Fluke Norma 5000 Fluke Norma 5000 Power Analyzer
(consult datasheet for available models featuring different measurement and interface modules)
- Power supply cable
- 5.7 in / 144 mm color display
- Internal printer
- RS232/USB interface for data download
- Space for six power-phases and options
- Fluke NormaView PC software
- User’s manual
- Test certificate
- Calibration values
|External Shunt 安全数据单||Download|
|External Shunt Safety Sheet||Download|
|External Shunt Fiche de sécurité||Download|
|External Shunt Sicherheitsdatenblatt||Download|
|Fluke NORMA View Users Guide||Download|
|LabView Driver Software Reference Manual||Download|
|NORMA 4000/5000 操作员手册||Download|
|NORMA 4000/5000 Operators Manual||Download|
|NORMA 4000/5000 Operators Manual||Download|
|NORMA 4000/5000 Operators Manual||Download|
|NORMA 4000/5000 Operators Manual Supplement||Download|
|NORMA 4000/5000 Statement of Memory Volatility||Download|
|Norma Star Point Adapter Instruction Sheet||Download|
|Remote Control Users Guide||Download|