Measure voltage … without test leads
FieldSense technology lets you slide the open fork over a conductor and see the voltage level.1
- Be safer: Measure voltage to 600 V ac through the open fork, without test leads.
- Be faster: No need to open covers or remove wire nuts.
- Be everywhere: 17.8 mm open fork is widest in the industry; measure up to 200 A on 4/0 wires (120 mm2).
Measure voltage up to 600 V ac through the open fork, without test lead contact to live voltage.+ Without opening covers or removing wire nuts. On wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2), carrying as much as 200 A. It will change your job. Safer. Faster. Easier.1 Requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage+
- 1 to 600 V ac
- 0.1 to 200 A ac
- Resistance 1 Ω to 2000 Ω
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
- Standard two-year warranty; extendable to 4 years through product registration within 45 days of purchase*
+ Voltage measurement requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
* Register product online within 45 days of purchase to extend warranty to four years. See http://a.fluke.com/registration for details. Two-year additional warranty offer may be discontinued without notice
Measurement Specifications Function Requires
Range Resolution Accuracy FieldSense
No 600 V 1 V ±(3% + 3 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz FieldSense
No 200.0 A 0.1 A ±(3% + 3 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz FieldSense
No 1 Hz ±(1% + 2 counts) Volts ac Yes 600 V 1 V ±(1.5% + 2 counts) 45 Hz - 66 Hz Volts dc Yes 600 V 1 V ±(1% + 2 counts) Resistance Yes 2000 Ω 1 Ω ±(1% + 2 counts) Safety 600 V CAT III
Accuracy: ± ( [ % of reading] + [number of least significant digits] ). Accuracy is specified for 1 year after calibration, at 18 °C to 28 °C (64 °F to 82 °F) with relative humidity to 90 %. AC measurements are ac-coupled, RMS responding.
Accuracy: Add 3 % without an external ground connection. External ground connection required for user wearing insulated gloves, standing on an insulated ladder, or otherwise insulated from earth ground.
Accuracy: FieldSense is specified from 16 V to 100 % of range.
General Specifications Calibration 1-year calibration cycle Dimensions 61.1 x 259.3 x 43.8 mm Jaw opening 17.8 mm Weight 0.35 kg (0.78 lb) Temperature Operating -10 °C to +50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F) Storage -30 °C to +60 °C (-22 °F to +140 °F) Altitude Operating 2,000 m (6,562 feet) Storage 10,000 m (32,808 feet) Relative Humidity 0% to 90%, 5 °C to 30 °C (41 °F to 86 °F) 0% to 75%, 30°C to 40 °C (86 °F to 104 °F) 0% to 45%, 40°C to 50 °C (104 °F to 122 °F) Battery Type and Life 2 x AA (IEC LR6); 360 hours continuous, typical; 200 hours using FieldSense Temperature coefficient 0.1 x (specified accuracy) / °C for <18°C or >28 °C (< 64.4 °F or > 82.4 °F) Safety IEC/EN 61010-1: Pollution Degree 2 Electromagnetic Environment IEC/EN 61326-1: Portable
Model Name Description T6-600 T6-600 Electrical Tester
- Attached test leads with removable 4 mm probe caps, user documentation
Title T6-600/T6-1000 Quick Reference Guide Download T6-600/T6-1000 Quick Reference Guide Download T6-600/T6-1000 Quick Reference Guide Download T6-600/T6-1000 Quick Reference Guide Download T6-600/T6-1000 Quick Reference Guide Download T6-600/T6-1000 Safety Sheet Download T6-600/T6-1000 Safety Sheet Download
Title T6 Electrical Testers with FieldSense Technology Download