Fluke 279 FC True-rms Thermal Multimeter helps you find, repair, validate, and report many electrical issues quickly so that you are confident problems are solved. Plus, the 279 FC I/B ships with a second rechargeable battery, so you can always have one in the meter, and one in the charger.
Locate the problem immediately
Thermal imaging multimeters are a first-line troubleshooting tool for electrical equipment that can check hot spots of high-voltage equipment and transformers, and detect heating of fuses, wires, insulators, connectors, splices and switches. Scanning with the 279 FC's thermal imager reveals many electrical issues rapidly and from a safe distance. By combining two tools into one, the thermal multimeter lightens the load and increases productivity.
Compatible with iFlex® (a flexible current clamp) to expand your measurement capabilities and get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A AC). The large full-color LCD screen makes for easier and clearer viewing of images and readings. The 10 hour+ rechargeable battery keeps you going all day long under normal conditions.
Communicate your results
With built-in Fluke Connect®, transmit results wirelessly to a smartphone and save time on reporting to validate work is complete. Troubleshoot better by instantly trending and monitoring measurements live on your smartphone screen. Create and email reports right from the field.
- Full-featured multimeter with built-in thermal imager
- 15 measurement functions including: voltage ac and dc, resistance, continuity, capacitance, diode test, Min/Max/Avg, current ac with included iFlex current probe, frequency
- Low-pass filter for troubleshooting adjustable speed drives
- Thermal imaging reveals hots spots that may indicate electrical issues quickly and safely
- Two-in-one tool is designed to increase productivity – no need to go back to the truck or office to retrieve a shared camera – so you can do more in less time!
- iFlex expands your measurement capabilities – get into tight, hard to reach spaces for current measurement (up to 2500 A ac)
- Save measurements and images while communicating wirelessly with a smart phone up to 20 feet / 6.1 m away (no obstructions)
- 102x77 image resolution offers immediate visual cues of hot, potentially troublesome areas
- 3.5 in /8.89 cm color LCD screen
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery allows for a for a full work day (10+ hours) under normal conditions; a second battery option means you will always have a battery ready to install.
- Assembled in the USA
- Three year standard warranty
- Auto power off to save battery power
- CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V measurement category
- Designed for durability, built to withstand a 3 m (9.8 ft) drop, double insulated with raised rubber holster for increased protection
DMM Basic dc accuracy 0.09% Bandwidth 1% 45 Hz to 65 Hz, full time low pass filter Voltage ac/dc 1000 V Current ac 2500 A with included iFlex Flexible Current Probe Resistance 50 MΩ Frequency 100 kHz Capacitance 9,999 µF Continuity with beeper Yes Diode test Yes Min/Max recording Yes Display Hold Yes
Infrared camera Infrared resolution 102x77 Image capture frequency 8 Hz Field of View 36° (w) x 27° (h) NETD ≤200 mK Infrared spectral band 7.5 to 14 microns Center point Yes (with center point temp) Focus mechanism Fixed focus Temperature Range (selectable °C and °F) -10 °C to 200 °C (14 °F to 392 °F) Accuracy: ±5 °C (9 °F) or (±5% as tested) Emissivity 0.95 fixed Background compensation 20 °C fixed Memory storage Approximately 100 images (internal) File format Non-radiometric .is2
General specifications Battery type Rechargeable lithium ion battery (charge time: 4.5 hours) Operating temperature -10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 °F) Storage temperature -20 ºC to 60 ºC (-4 °F to 140 °F) Relative humidity 0% to 90% (0 °C to 35 °C) (32 °F to 95 °F)
0% to 75% (35 °C to 40 °C) (95 °F to 104 °F)
0% to 45% (40 °C to 50 °C) (104 °F to 122 °F)
Altitude 2,000 meters (6,561 feet) Temperature coefficient Add 0.1 x specified accuracy for each °C above 28 °C or below 18 °C (°F above 82 °F or below 64° F) Ingress Protection (IP) IP40 (non-operating) Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz ISM Band, 20 meter range Certifications CE, CSA, FCC Safety compliance IEC 61010-1: Pollution degree 2; IEC 61010-2-033: CAT III 1000 V/CAT IV 600 V EMC EN 61326-1:2012 Size 215.9 x 93.9 x 57.1 mm (8.5 x 3.7 x 2.25 in) Weight 0.793 kg (1.75 lb) Warranty Limited three-year warranty
Fluke Connect is not available in all countries.
©2016 Fluke Corporation. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Smart phone, wireless service and data plan not included with purchase. First 5 GB of storage is free. Compatible with iPhone 4x and up running iOS 7 or higher; iPad (in an iPhone frame on iPad); Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3.x or higher and Samsung Galaxy S, Nexus 5, HTC One and One M8 running Android™ 4.4.x or higher. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.