Everett, Wash. - Fluke Corporation, the global leader in handheld electronic test and measurement technology, today announced the Fluke 5320A Multifunction Electrical Tester Calibrator, which is designed to simplify calibration processes and improve efficiency by incorporating in a single, easy-to-use instrument the functionality required to calibrate and verify a wide range of electrical test tools.
Designed for intuitive operation, the Fluke 5320A has a large, bright color display, a graphical interface that shows users how to make terminal connections between the unit-under-test and the calibrator, and includes graphical help menus with calibration information. It features three standard interfaces for remote control, and supports MET/CAL® Plus Calibration Measurement Software for automating the calibration process and managing calibration laboratory inventory.
Combining many functions into one instrument, the Fluke 5320A Multifunction Electrical Tester Calibrator enables users to verify and calibrate the following electrical testers:
- Insulation resistance testers. Source high voltage resistors and measure the high voltage output of portable and bench insulation testers (megohm meters). To calibrate insulation resistance testers up to 1 kV, select continuously variable resistance values from 10 kΩ to 10 GΩ with 4½ digit resolution and one single value of 100 GΩ. To calibrate 5 kV insulation testers, use the external 10 kV adapter to extend the resistance range up to 10 TΩ.
- Continuity testers and earth resistance testers. From the low-ohms function, source resistance values ranging from 100 mΩ to 2 kΩ with 4½ digits of resolution.
- Loop/line impedance testers and ground bond testers. Source one of 16 high current resistance values to increase the resistance of a loop or line by a known amount for loop tester calibration. Use the Active Loop Compensation function to compensate for the resistance in the supply loop. For ground bond tester calibration, up to 30A (40A short-term) test current can be applied to the resistors.
- RCD (or GFCI) testers. The 5320A simulates an RCD (circuit breaker) to verify and calibrate trip time, to an accuracy of 0.25 ms, and trip current, to one percent accuracy.
- Earth and line leakage current testers. Simulate leakage current for direct/touch, differential, and substitute leakage current tests with 0.3% accuracy from 0.1 mA to 30 mA.
- Voltmeters. Source voltage up to 600 V with 0.1 V accuracy to calibrate V ac and V dc meter readings on electrical testers (5320A/VLC model only).
- Hipot testers. Measure voltage and current by using the built-in 1000 V meter and 30 A meter. Use the 10 kV adapter or 40 kV probe in combination with the built-in meter to measure hipot voltage and PAT flash voltages over 1000 V.
The Fluke 5320A Multifunction Electrical Tester Calibrator is available immediately at a US list price of $17,500. For more information on the Fluke 5320A, visit Fluke 5320A, or contact Fluke Corporation, PO Box 9090, Everett, WA USA 98206, call (888) 308-5277, fax (425) 446-5116, or e-mail email@example.com.
Fluke Corporation is the world leader in compact, professional electronic test tools. Fluke customers are technicians, engineers, electricians and metrologists who install, troubleshoot, and manage industrial electrical and electronic equipment and calibration processes for quality control.